Choose 3 different activities that in your view helped you best understand the complexities of the start of WW1:
- Thinking Skills: Parts of the whole: In this activity, Lenny assigned each group one cause of WW1 so to analyse it on their own. This helped me a lot because it made me understand the start of the war from another perspective, and also, to realize that each cause was essential in its own way for the outbreak of the war.
- Rounding up the Causes of WW1: In this activity, Lenny assigned us in groups of 4 so to order all the causes we had learned in a chronological way in a program called Genially. This helped me understand a little more what the pathway of the causes were, and also, to understand it more as a whole story and not as separate parts without any sense. Because, before that activity, I knew all the reasons that caused WW1 but I did not fully understand how one thing led to another and this helped me a lot.
- Essay Writing: This activity was super challenging but in a good way, as it helped me fundament everything I knew about what we have been studying since the beginning of the year. Also, it was a bit difficult, since, I am very insecure and afraid to say what I think because I feel that it is wrong and, that kinda played against me when writing this essay. But I am satisfied with the result and what I was able to support.
Choose 1 activity that you could have done in a better way and explain why it did not work so well.
- The Origins of WW1. Team A: This activity was the test. It wasn’t my best and I know that. I was nervous because we had only 40 minutes to complete it and most of that time I spent it in completing just one exercise with MANY unnecessary details, so I stressed a lot and just gave up. Luckily, Lenny gave us the opportunity to correct and complete everything we couldn’t the day of the test in the next class, but obviously, it wasn’t the same feeling because correcting the test you fail and having a good mark is not the same as making the “official” test at that moment and having a good mark.
Self-evaluation. Evaluate your performance from 1 to 10 in the light of the following:
- Your attendance to class, your participation both individually and also in group work.
- The quality of the material you presented as well as that of your individual class and group contributions.
I think I would give myself and 8.50 because even though I do not always contribute things when we are in Meets because I’d rather listen and learn from what Lenny is trying to explain than always having to add things and to interrupt. Also, I’m very shy and silent. Based on the quality of my work, I think it is very good because I am always trying to make it as complete as possible and if we work in groups I’m always trying to help and contribute ideas too. So to summarize, I’m always trying my best and I think that’s more important than always having the best results
I think about this quote every time I fail because I know I’m trying my best and maybe next time I can do it better because I learn what to do and what not to do 🙂